Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My macpro turns on but the apple screen progress bar stops

Customer Question

hi
JA: Hello. What is your issue regarding?
Customer: my macpro turns on but the gray apple screen progress bar stops midway
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: since last night
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I pressed comm,op, p,r and my daughter held the on. not sure if we did it right
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: that's all.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hello
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

lets start with a command S repair, heres how to carry out the repair. http://osxdaily.com/2013/08/07/how-to-repair-a-mac-disk-with-fsck-from-single-user-mode/

Once you have ran the fsck -fy command 2-3 times.. restart your mac.. Will it make it ast the apple screen now?

If n ot, shut down.. Then hold down the left shift key when you start the mac, this will attempt a safe mode start. Let me know if it can start in safe mode.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 3 months ago.

Hello again, I see you viewed my last reply but never responded. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can mark this issue as resolved or continue working on the problem.

Dustin S