Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

I just got a new iPad Air 2 and I shut it off and I can't

Customer Question

I just got a new iPad Air 2 and I shut it off and I can't get back in. Can you help me please.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Hi Marlene,

If you cannot get past the passcode screen then you will need to factory reset the iPad. After an update or restart, your passcode is required instead of a fingerprint.

1. From another device, go to icloud.com/find.
  2. If prompted, sign in with your Apple ID.
  3. Click All Devices at the top of your browser window.
  4. Select the device you want to erase.
  5. Click Erase [device] to erase your device and its passcode.
  6. Now you can either restore from a backup or set up as new.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Secure Remote Assistance. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

Marlene,

Please review my previous reply.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 4 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.