comp_audio
comp_audio, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  5+ years mac support experience ready to help you.
44312836

Since I upgraded my MAC a few months ago now when I try and

Customer Question

since I upgraded my MAC a few months ago now when I try and access my IPHOTOS from web etc to import an image I can't access as IPHOTO is greyed out
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 7 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is there a large X over the greyed out portion?

What version of mac do you have?

What version of iPhoto are you using?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Good evening Isaac
Have attached image I've just taken off my Mac.
Mac version is OS X El Capitan 10.11.6
It's Photos not iPhotos, an upgrade changed the format last year some time. Version 1.5 (370.42.0)
I've gotten around this by dragging and dropping onto desktop and uploading from there but I have multiple photo albums I'd like to upload into my Facebook business page and of course that's not a practical solution for lots of images.
Hope this helps.
Francesca
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
By the way my initial payment said it would be £3 but full payment of £25 was taken

5 dollars is a good faith deposit. The other portion was for the question itself. Once an expert

responds the amount is taken out fully. When you rate after you get an answer/resolved, by

using the stars above, the expert will get a portion of the question value. That is how the system works.

As for you question, sorry. The original question said iPhoto. So, it is a folder you are not able to open pictures from?

How are you trying to access it? Through a folder on your pc, iCloud storage etc? Where are you importing photos to?

When you say import, do you mean upload?

Are you referring to importing from iPod to your pc (from the image you sent)?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry for the confusion. It's Photo not IPhoto.
When using my Mac and on, say, Facebook, i am unable to upload a photo as when the options come up as in the image I sent you, Photo Is greyed out so I can't access the images I have in Photo.

Here is what i want you to try for me. Try doing it this way by the steps in the link below:

https://www.wondershare.com/photo-editing-tips/iphoto-to-facebook.html#part1

This will allow you the correct path and to upload several at a time. Let me know if you have issues with the steps.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will try that Isaac though don't have time to do so at the moment. However, this doesn't actually let me know why Photo is greyed out in the first place.

From my understanding, it doesn't work that way. What you showed me would be selecting a library file.

The method above is the correct way to upload individual/several photos. Let me know what happens and we will

investigate further.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I still haven't had a chance to explore as too busy but I will be trying this out over the weekend. Thank u
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Used the link you provided but my Photo menu doesn't have a Share tab.

I am going to open this up to another expert to get more ideas for you to continue.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK Isaac - thank you.
Expert:  comp_audio replied 7 months ago.

Hello Francesca and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will continue to assist you.

I first of all would like to know if you would be interested in my offering you a Premium" remote service? This is a secure remote session that allows me to see your screen and while you watch work on your issue. It will cost a little more money, but the resolution often is obtained much faster.

If you would rather continue working via this chat session that is fine too, but I wanted to give you the option.

I await your reply and thanks in advance.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the offer but as this process hasn't been as quick to a solution as I had hoped I'm getting a local technician to come and visit me on site

I am sorry that we could not be of better service. If you would like to save a little money I could most likely fix this for you before they come out. In the event I cannot then you will be able to get a full refund because we offer a guarantee of an acceptable answer. If you still would like to cancel this request just let me know and I will send you the instructions on how to submit for a full refund. Thanks in advance.