Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My ipod keeps getting stuck. How can I fix that?

Customer Question

Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** welcome to Just Answer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 4 months ago.

This can happen if the iTunes library being synced is damaged on your Mac. Have you tried playing back the music from iTunes on your Mac? If that doesn't work then either will the music on your iPod.

Let me know if you can playback tracks from within iTunes on your Mac, and we can continue from there.

Expert:  David replied 4 months ago.

Customer

I have two classic ipods, 1 id 120GB, the other is a 160GB. After restoring each 2 or 3 times and resyncing my 20,000 track of iTunes music, they worked OK for a short time. Now the problems are back. When I get into the music menu and try to click on albums or artists or genres, a little check appears on the right, and nothing happens. If I click it again the check disappears, but nothing happens. I can't bring up any of the music menu options. Is there some trick I am missing?

Expert:  David replied 4 months ago.

The problem here with the iPod is coming from the problems with the iTunes library.

Do you have a backup of your iTunes library?