Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cannot open PowerPoint files even though I used to be able

Customer Question

I cannot open PowerPoint files even though I used to be able to. I can launch PPT and create new presentation but cannot open downloaded files
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: a week or so
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: other than opening in finder, none
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: what is fee?
JA: You just pay a $5 deposit now and the rest only when you get a reply from the Mac Technician. All of this is 100% satisfaction guaranteed, so you can get a refund if you're not happy for any reason.
Customer: i do not have my wallet with me, I will have to try back later
Category: Mac
Expert:  Bhavik Joshi replied 4 months ago.

I have customized one document for you with screenshots and instructions . Please follow it step by step and let me know if you face any problem in it.

Hi, I'm Bhavik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will reply back ASAP.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I am willing to work with you but I already paid $30 for what I thought was the session and found that it is for a monthly subscription which I was not advised of. Please send that screenshot you mentioned as I did not receive

Is this is happening for all the downloaded files or just some of the ppt's ? Can you send that ppt to me, I will see if I can open it here

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
All pptx

You must have received automated notification for remote connection. Please ignore that message if you are not interested in it

Any message do you see while opening it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Not if you plan to charge me more, not what I originally agreed to
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no, I click on file, the file turns gray and blinks when I click on it like it is going to launch but does not do so

No I won't charge you anymore . This extra charge are just for remote access only

Please open power point . Go to files menu and click on open . Then browse your ppt file and see if you can open it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is what I have been doing, it doesn't work and I just tired it again. I get the effect I mentioned in my previous note

ok. Did you try reinstalling it ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No, is that what you recommend?

Yes, I would like you to do it.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
How do I do that?

I would also like you to send one of the files to me so that I can see if the problem is in file itself

Which version do you use ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I don't know, how do I find that info? Also, as I mentioned, I used to be able to open these files in PPT
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
This is taking entirely too long, you take too long to respond and I can no longer wait. I need to sign off. Please cancel my service.

I am opting out so that others can respond to you

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello! My name is*****
I am a certified computer professional who will assist you with the problem you described.

It looks like the previous Expert is not available any more. I can continue assisting you. Let me know if the problem is still there. If it is, I can remotely connect to your computer and see what can be done to solve it.

Let me know if you would like that.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 4 months ago.

Hello again!

I am following up with you to see if you require further assistance. Let me know by sending me a reply below.

Thanks,

Expert:  IT Miro replied 3 months ago.

Hello!

Let me know if you were able to receive my messages.