Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Need to download iPhoto 9.1 or later.....can't find the

Customer Question

Need to download iPhoto 9.1 or later.....can't find the download that works
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just started to transfer holiday photos from cameras to desk top
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: tried downloading 9.4.2 and lesser versions but no luck
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Once I get past this, I suspect there will be more questions!! Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 4 months ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

When you attempt to install iPhoto 9.1 or later, what happens? Are you given error messages? If so, what are the messages? Also, which version of Mac OS are you using?

I will be standing by, looking forward to your response.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
El Capitain 10.11.6. When I download iPhoto, the data progress bars show up and once done, nothing happens.....no messages, no iPhoto file that I can find

Thank you for the update. As it stands, there is an unknown culprit blocking the installation. May I start a secure remote assistance session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem? When the remote session begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Regarding the block....I have Norton antivirus running. Is this creating the block? If I de-activate Norton, will the download work?

Honestly, I have no idea. I used the term "Block", but I didn't mean that something was actively blocking it. Let me rephrase that. "Something" is either causing the application to fault or 'something' is now allowing it to continue. May I remote into your system and install iPhoto for you now? There is no extra charge. You may see an offer for remote service. Just ignore that offer. May I remote in now?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks Jason....not prepared to provide remote access. Will look at other options.Rick

Very well. How do you want to fix this? I have remoted into computers scores of thousands of times with no problems; however, I very much understand your apprehension.

After you download the iPhoto application, do you see a new temporary drive mounted in the Finder folder or on your Desktop named iPhoto? If so, open that folder and install iPhoto.