Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller

Not coming on at all, i have the 2013 black cylinder one,

Customer Question

not coming on at all
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i have the 2013 black cylinder one
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i've unplugged it from the power for 20 seconds, waited 5 secs before attempting to turn it on
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: the back lights up, then only the power button i've unplugged all the hard drives
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Whats the full name brand and model of the device in question?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
apple mac pro quad core 2014
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Thank you, ***** ***** understand what you meant about the black cylinder.

Ok, are we certain this isnt a monitor issue? Lets completely disconnect and reconnect the monitor.

Also, since you say the back lights up. lets try a pram reset

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Now, will the mac turn on?

If not, when you try to turn it on if you hit the caps lock key, does it light up?

If yes, stop here and let me know. if the caps lock key doesnt light up, continue.

lets try removing and reseating your memory as follows

Please thoroughly try each step, respond to each question Ive asked, and dont skip anything!

Dustin S

Expert:  Dustin replied 2 months ago.

Hello again, I see you viewed my last reply but never responded. Did you still need help with this issue?

Please respond when you can so we can mark this issue as resolved or continue working on the problem.

Dustin S