Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

Oh. Thanks :) I got a external USB3 HD that didn´t mount.

Customer Question

Oh. Hi. Thanks :)
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: I got a external USB3 HD that didn´t mount. tried disk warrior, now it is at least mounted and i´m copying data. but when i tried to rebuild it with disk warrior it said error 2153
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: first i tried osx disk utility, it said it can´t repair. now disk warrior rebuild
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 2 months ago.

Hi there! My name is***** am a computer professional with over 15 years of experience with both Mac and Windows computers, phones, tablets, and printers. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this. Can you tell me please what version of OSX you have on your MAC? If you aren't sure, from the Apple menu, choose About This Mac. Your version of OS X appears directly below “OS X".

Also, when you used disk utility, did you partition it first, then try formatting? If not, I'll provide detailed instructions for preparing this drive to work with your MAC using Disk Utility. Please let me know. Thanks!