Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I accidentally deleted all my itunes music from Itunes. I

Customer Question

Hi, I accidentally deleted all my itunes music from Itunes. I still have all my playlists on iTunes, but they are empty. I just found all my music files in my trash folder and copied them back to my HD. How do I put the music back in my playlists?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Happened last night
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just recovering my songs from trash folder
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I have over 13,000 songs, they are all just in one big folder that is in alphabetical order. All of my itunes playlist are still there, however they are just empty. I just need to know how to re-link all the music to the existing playlists
Expert:  hongkongpom replied 2 months ago.

Hello please try this procedure

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No this didn't work. Again, my problem is not missing playlists, it's the music that has been deleted out of my playlists. I have my playlists intact. The songs were accidentally deleted out of them. The songs are recovered and in a folder. How do I get them back into my playlists
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 months ago.

Do you use Time Machine backup by chance?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Not often enough. No, I would have restored my computer from the backup if that was the case. Please, I'm not looking to restore anything from a backup, I don't have any copies on the cloud, etc. I simply need to know how to get my folder full of all my songs that I recovered from the trash bin re-linked to my now empty playlists in iTunes. Thanks