Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a macbook. Just upgraded to windows 10 ( I used

Customer Question

hello. I have a macbook. Just upgraded to windows 10 ( I used windows 7 on my mac ), but can't use the print screen anymore ( fn+shift+f11 don't work no more ). Do you please know what to do?
Thanks!
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

To get started I need to know, Are you running windows 10 through boot camp, or through parallels, or some other software?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
parallels.
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Thank you.

You may just need to reinstall parralel tools, since you upgraded to windows 10.

Please follow all steps on this page and let me know if that fixes the issue.

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114309

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Actually I would like to get rid of the parraller then, and just stay with Windows. Would that fix the problem?Can you do it from remote for me?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
don't want the boot camp at all )
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

You cant run just pure windows on a mac with parralells..

You could use boot camp, so when you start the mac you can choose to always boot into windows.

If you want me to connect and fix parralells and windows 10, I can.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
That's what I asked...what is the process of getting rid of parrallels and using just windows ( I never use the boot camp anyways...)
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

This page will show you how to uninstall parralells and windows

http://kb.parallels.com/en/114624

Then, if you want to use just windows, then you must use bootcamp instead.. heres how

1. Open Boot Camp Assistant from the Utilities folder (or use Spotlight to find it).
  2. Use Boot Camp Assistant to install a new copy of Windows.

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will write again tomorrow, have to go to sleep. thank you, ***** ***** to you tomorrow
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Hello again. If you need direct help with those steps, I can connect to your mac from here and do most of them for you.

Let me know if you need further help, and if and when you want to continue.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Hi Dastin. Sorry, I left for a vacation. Will ask you for help again when I come back in a few days. Thanks!
Expert:  Dustin replied 7 months ago.

Not a problem, I hope you enjoy your vacation and I will be here when you return.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** couldn't take it anymore, and downgraded to windows 7. I'm very happy now. no need for help anymore.
Thanks again, and wish you all the best! I will defenately use your services in the future, if needed. Thanks!
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Not sure if you used bootcamp or parrallels, but Im glad to hear that you resolved your issue.

How do you want to handle this question, do you want me to send you the refund link? Or did you want to submit a 5 star rating to credit me for my time and assistance? Let me know how you want to close this out when you have time, thank you.

Dustin S

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I would like to rank you 5 stars and get a refund ( I didn't know that I was charged ). Thank you
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Thank you for responding, please dont click or submit a 5 star rating as that would charge you.

Instead, please use this link to achieve a refund.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund-0