Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My iPhoto keeps quitting when I try to sync my iphone, i

Customer Question

my iPhoto keeps quitting when I try to sync my iphone
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: i haven't synced in a few months, but noticed it awhile back and the mac sensei acknowledged there was an issue. I had the computer there for another reason and i think he thought it would be corrected with what he did.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: OS X 10.8.5 MCBOOK PLUS
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: WHAT I'M DOING NOW.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I don't think so.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

There are two reasons for this problem. Either the iPhoto application is corrupted or it is the iPhoto Library that has corrupted. We can rebuild your iPhoto Library and see if that works or not.

Close iPhoto if it is open. Hold down the Command and Option keys on the keyboard and open iPhoto. Keep the keys held down until you are prompted to rebuild the library. A dialog will appear with rebuild options. Select all the options/checkboxes Click Rebuild. This may take a few minutes to complete.

After rebuilding, iPhoto will open.

If it is still quitting after rebuilding, then we have to rebuild the iPhoto library using a third party application named iPhoto Library Manager. Download and install it from here (use the trial version) : http://www.fatcatsoftware.com/iplm/

Open the downloaded iPhoto Library Manager. Select your iPhoto Library, click on Library menu in the top and select Rebuild Library. This will verify the library. Then click the Rebuild button on the right.

After rebuilding, open iPhoto. Try to sync.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ? If you have any difficulty, please post a reply in here and I will continue to help you