Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

What kind of inverter do I need to power my iPhone 5s -

Customer Question

What kind of inverter do I need to power my iPhone 5s - using it for "Car Play"
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

CarPlay opens automatically when a compatible iPhone is plugged into the USB port. There’s really no setup at all. However, as long as the USB port is in use, Bluetooth will be turned off. All connectivity will be through the USB port.

Please review this article if you do indeed have carplay in your new beetle.

I am not sure of the question. Are you trying to get it to pick up bluetooth as opposed to using just the usb and

letting it run itself?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Question is about use of the 12v outlets in the car. The USB port is poorly located.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
See web site
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
An inverter seems necessary. Any recommendations?

The only way to use apple car play is to use the usb. it will not pair your phone if you use an inverter.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

Sorry about the bad news. It has to be ran by that. Only way to do it is use a longer usb cord. They have them for your

iphone if you want me to research one or you could stop at a place like bestbuy.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a 5 star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Good info. Question answered. Four stars.

Thank you. It will be applied when you click at the top.