Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

My iPad is disabled, I need to restore access. What should i

Customer Question

my iPad is disabled, I need to restore access. What should i do?
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 3 weeks
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: are all my photos and videos will be erased once my iPad is restored. Is that true? okay thank you
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is Dustin.
I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are having, I will do my best to help you resolve it.

Lets try the following steps to reset your apple id password, Go to the link below, enter your applie id.

https://iforgot.apple.com/

After entering your apple id, either answer your security questions and reset your password. Or , have an email sent to your email address. Then open your email and click the reset link inside that email to reset your password.

Once you have set a new password. Turn your device off, then back on and try to sign in with the apple id and the new password ***** just set.
If you get stuck or run into any issues, let me know!

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I was able to reset my password ***** still cannot access my iPad. It is disabled "locked out".
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

We were able to repair your word plist file, and then ensure that newly saved files are populating the correct folder, so they are accesible via mail.

Once you are ready, please remember to click and submit a star rating at the top of this screen to show I was able to assist you.

Dustin S