Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I just received a used apple hd cinema display, and cannot

Customer Question

hi, i just received a used apple hd cinema display, and cannot seem to get power to turn it on...i have it plugged in, as well as plugged into my computer, but i am not receiving any type of light on the display which indicates it's plugged in
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: my laptop im attempting to connect it to is a dell
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: i mean, honestly, not much really...i was just browsing my issue, and your site came up
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no, thank you.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 4 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Did you pressed the power button on the monitor to turn it ON ? If not please check on your right hand side of the monitor and press the power button.

Try it and let me know the result.

Regards

Jins

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
of course I pressed the power button