Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support

How can I print an e-mail attachment on my I-pad 3? When I

Customer Question

How can I print an e-mail attachment on my I-pad 3?When I open the attachment and send to print it does not print the doc but the icon.Thanks,Kenn***@******.***
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Hi Kenn,

From the 'Mail' app you can print email attachments. Open the email with the attachment and download the attachment if it has not already fully downloaded. Press and hold on the attachment icon to get the print option to appear. Press the Open in PrinterOn button, a preview screen will be displayed

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
This option doesn't work. I have tried to copy to documents and print, that doesn't work.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

What type of file is it?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 months ago.

Open the PDF file

Tap the image and at the bottom left, you will see a box with an arrow pointing up. Touch it then select Print then select Print again. You should see your document appear in the print preview window.