Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

When I restart my MacBook and enter my password I end up

Customer Question

When I restart my MacBook and enter my password ***** end up with the usual golf ball with my name, Ronald Cotton, below it and a white text box which I cannot enter any text into. There is no cursor available. I've been through this process about 5 times.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: The MacBook is 2011 and I think I'm running the latest operating system Yosemite?
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None on the MacBook itself. It won't let me do anything.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: This happened after I updated Adobe software
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the trackpad of your Mac has failed. Look at the top/bottom left/right corner of your Mac and do you see a cursor there ?

Do you have an USB or external mouse or is there any way to get one ?