David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

It's actually a problem with mi Apple ID. It's disabled and

Customer Question

It's actually a problem with mi Apple ID. It's disabled and I've been try everything to enable it. And I can not figure it out.
JA: When did you last reset your Apple ID or password?
Customer: Only like a couple days ago. And now it just says its disabled. And I've tried every thing I could find on the internet to walk me through it and nothing's working. And I just added a new card to my wallet. But it's says I have to get the verified first but the bank is closed. So I went all the way to the store to by and iTunes gift card. Because I really need tonight to go out play this game with some friends. And it won't even let me add the gift card. And I just don't know what to do. I really need this tonight. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried almost every walk through on every Apple site, that says to try and reset the passwords and stuff. And a few other ones but it's getting me nowhere. And kind of in hurry. For this tonight. It's very important to me.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No I just want my account enabled so I can add the gift card and meet up with the ppl who are waiting on me to play the game.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer. I am reviewing your questions and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

How long ago dod you create the Apple ID?

Have you made any purchases using this Apple ID?

Do you remember ever setting up 2 step verification with this Apple ID?

Thank you.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

I will need the answers to those questions to be able to help.

Kind regards,

David.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
ive made a bunch a purchases over time. Especially the last few weeks. But know it's doing this and I feel like I'm out $30 for the gift card and &30 dollars for this. So if it doesn't work or figure something out. I will be extremely pissed off.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
o do not remember ever setting up the two part verification
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

I understand, you want to go play the game. Thanks for your patience.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Please follow this link https://support.apple.com/HT204106

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Use that page to try to reset your password.

If you have tried this but cannot get it to work, please let me know what happens so I can try to help.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
That was one of the ones I tried. And I got nowhere. I did try every thing on that site no of it helped me.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

What happens? Can you access the email address linked with the Apple ID?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can its my email.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Ok. So you go to that site to reset your Apple ID. What part do you get stuck at?

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

By the way, if you really need to play the game today, and we cannot resolve it without contacting Apple direct and waiting a day or two, you can always set up a new Apple ID.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

When you try that link, try to reset your Apple ID, can you remember the security questions?

Do you get the reset email?

I need to know how far you get if I to know if I can help.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok. I just got through with resetting my password ***** everything. I activated the two part verification. So does that mean it's reactivated?
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Excellent, yes that sounds all good.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

You set up 2-step, so you will need to use 2-step to authorise your device.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if I create a new Apple ID. Can I still sign in to the game on the same profile. It's Pokemon Go. And I used a gmail to start the game.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

I have not played pokemon go yet, so I'm not sure how the game stores your profile.

You are correct in thinking it might be linked with your Apple ID and might no work, but you would need to test it.

However if you just enabled 2-step then you won't need a second account.

All the information you need about 2-step is here https://support.apple.com/HT204152

To sign your device in with 2-step, connect it to your computer and open iTunes.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Can you sign into your account now on your device?

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Let me know if you hit any obstacles, what is exactly happening.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Please rate my help, 3 to 5 stars. It is how Just Answer acknowledge that you are happy with the support, and will be credited for helping you.

Happy Pokemon hunting!

Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I just went back in and tried again it still says its disabled.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Where does it say disabled?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I go to the iTunes Store and try to add on my gift card.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

You can unlock using you recovery key and Apple ID login.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.
  1. Go to your Apple ID account page.
  2. Sign in with your password ***** trusted device.
  3. In the Security section, click Edit > Replace Lost Key.
Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Then go to iforgot.apple.com to reset your password ***** on your computer. You'll need to provide your Recovery Key and be able to receive a temporary verification code on one of your trusted devices.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

When you have picked a new password ***** your computer for your Apple ID, you can sign in with it on your device.

Go to Settings on the device, and sign in under iTunes & App Store.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

You can try adding the gift card in iTunes on your computer too.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Once you can sign into your Apple ID on your computer, you can use the same username password ***** sign in on your iPhone or iPad.

Let me know how it's going if you are stuck. can you sign in on your computer? Thanks.

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Hi, do you need any more help?

Expert:  David replied 9 months ago.

Hi, please take a moment to rate my service 3 to 5 stars. It is how Just Answer acknowledge that I answered your question and you were satisfied.