Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

I have used an iOmega back-up on my iMac desktop computer

Customer Question

I have used an iOmega back-up on my iMac desktop computer for several years but recently I keep getting a message that I have "removed the disk incorrectly." Since I did not detach it from its USB port at any time, I wondered what could have caused this dialog box to appear. Then yesterday, I began receiving a message that the extension disk could not be read by this Mac. This morning, I used the Mac Disk Utility and found that it doesn't see the iOmega extension at all.
Is it possible that my upgrade to OS X El Capitan is incompatible with the iOmega back-up?
Category: Mac
Expert:  comp_audio replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. Please tell me what model of iOmega backup do you have?

Are you still needing assistance?

Please let me know if you are no longer needing assistance.

Expert:  cvd4311 replied 2 months ago.

Have you rebooted your Mac? And then connected your disk utility back to your Mac? Please let me know what you have already done so I can help you more.