Mac_Martin
Mac_Martin, Mac Enthusiast
Experience:  10+ Years Experience CCNA Network Engineer A+ Net+ Linux & Windows OS C++ Programming.
74139101

Is there any way to edit, ex. (Erase and rewrite words ) a

Customer Question

Is there any way to edit, ex. (Erase and rewrite words ) a pdf file using a android device?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mac_Martin replied 4 months ago.

Hi Shawn, welcome.

There are a few apps that do that, providing the PDF does not have read-only security or is password *****

You can obtain it here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xodo.pdf.reader&hl=en

If you have any doubts or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you could take a moment to click on one of the green stars at the top to rate me for my time, it would be greatly appreciated!

Remember you can continue replying to me until you've got all the information you need.

Regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I downloaded the app but it won't erase and rewrite words

Not all PDFs are editable - the author can choose for it to be editable or not

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I scanned a document into a cloud and I can't even erase anything. So it isn't working

Scanned documents are not editable as they require the use of a powerful OCR (optical character recognition) - the only files that are editable are ones written from a computer in the first place

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
there is nothing I can use to edit a scanned document at all?

On a computer you can use Acrobat Pro which is paid software but to tell you the truth the OCR can only read so much - it's not perfect and it depends on how well the document has been scanned

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
On a android tablet I can't?

They've only got the Reader version, not Pro which is the one that lets you edit PDF documents.

The best one is the one I linked you to earlier - if that's not detecting it you most probably can't from your Android device