Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Consultant within every computer and networking category. Troubleshoot and maintain various operating systems. Sales Engineering.
63493917

Last week I got a new power cord in the store and they said

Customer Question

Last week I got a new power cord in the store and they said my hard drive was failing. I want to replace it this week, taking it into you guys to do the work. Can you back up my hard drive with photos and then put that stuff on the new hard drive I buy? I did backup my data onto the Cloud, but I didn't backup my photos. How long would it take to change out the drive and backup everything and reload?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 4 months ago.

Hello Carol, thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Unfortunately, here at JUSTANSWER,com, we ONLY provide answers to questions, and do NOT physiclly work on computers.

YOu woud need to visit a local computer repair shop, that is APPLE certified for the hard drive swap you are wanting to be done.

.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know that...I just want to find out whether the store can do the backup and reload of my data and photos when they replace my hard drive.

On an Mac the back and restore function is done in the cloud.

So, i suggest you do the BACKUP yourself, as SOME shops do NOT do this service, as it requires login credentials to be able to do it properly.

.

But some shops DO offer this feature, the shops that DO will be APPLE certified.

I suggest you take the computer to an APPLE certified repair shop.

They WILL be able to do the backup.

So, yes, an Apple certified Repair shop WILL be able to do the BACKUP, then hard drive replacement, and then a RESTORE.

.

They may charge extra for this service, but they can do it.

.

Please take a moment to rate my performance.

Thank you.