Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My is locked from what appears to be an iTunes issue, 24

Customer Question

my is locked from what appears to be an iTunes issue
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 24 hours
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: turning the ipad off and hoping for a restart but that does not work
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I am aware of
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

What is your iPad showing now ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
the iTunes logo in the middle of the screen with a white line cord.. similar to the charger cord funning up the middle of the face
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I have tried turning it off and then back on to reboot and it is the same response.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

That screen indicates that the either firmware/software of your iPad is corrupted or the internal board has failed. First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Disconnect it from power or computer if connected. Then press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

If that didn't work, then your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes application (from computer) by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is the only way to get it to working condition unless it is hardware related.

But if you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. If it is not showing blank/black screen, then repeat the steps again. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

Remember, it may take a while to restore the iPad (the iOS firmware has to be downloaded, youwill see the Download button - a downward arrow button with spinning circle around it, at the top right corner of iTunes screen. Click it to see the time remaining)

Please let me knowif that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok, thanks. I'll just take it in to a local shop. I appreciate your help. have a great day.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You're most welcome ! Give the above steps a try and you should be able to fix it. It is easy and if you need any help, feel free to get back to me and I will be happy to continue to help you

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.

If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit at the top of this page. Then only I will get credit for helping you.

Best Regards,