John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I am stuck in apple hardware test. Every time I restart it

Customer Question

Hi. I am stuck in apple hardware test. Every time I restart it is there. I run it and it says no trouble found. I then restart and it is there again. How can I get out of it. Many thanks
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Only today. Say 5 restarts
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: None
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No. Thanks
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jennifer French replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.

To remedy this issue, follow these instructions:

Shut down the Mac and then turn it back on. Right as you hear the startup sound, press Command (⌘), Option, P, and R and hold the keys down until the computer starts a second time. Then you can release the keys. You may have to reconfigure some sound settings and what not after this so don't be alarmed.

Let me know if that works. For all intents and purposes, it should resolve the issue. If the issue persists, however, your logic board battery may need to be replaced.

I am just checking back with you to see if this issue was resolved. If you were able to resolve the issue with my advice, please rate my performance with at least 3 stars at the top of the screen so that I may receive credit for this resolution. If you have any questions or concerns, please reply and I, or another expert, will be more than happy to assist. Have a wonderful day and thank you for using Just Answer.

Expert:  John T. F. replied 4 months ago.

Hi!

I'm just following up to see if you need further assistance with this issue?

Thanks,