Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My Evernote keeps grabbing my clicktoskype.exe link and I

Customer Question

My Evernote keeps grabbing my clicktoskype.exe link and I can't install the program on my iPad. Need it because phone got dropped in the toilet this morning.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Are you trying to install Evernote on your iPad ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No. It was open when I tried to down load the click to Skype app. The link went there and I can't get it to download and run. It won't run from Evernote either.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I need Skype phone app installed because I'm on a trip and dropped my phone in the toilet.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I hope you can answer soon. My flight leaves in a few minutes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

The "clicktoskype.exe" will not work on iPad, because .exe is a PC application and it is designed for PCs, not for iPads.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Check Evernote. If that didn't work, then just delete Evernote and redownload it from App Store.

To call using Skype, you can download the actual Skype app from App Store. It will allow you to call from it as long as you have Skype credits. Open App Store, search Skype and install it. Open Skype app and it will allow you to call.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

If Evernote is working, then ignore it. No need to delete it and redownload.

If you just want to setup Skupe, then you need to download actual Skype application from App Store, then open Skype, sign in to Skype and then you will be able to call from there.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want to pay for a non solution. Please refund if I get charged. This should be my v7-day freetrial.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

This is the correct solution to your problem. The application you are trying install i.e " clicktoskype.exe" will not work on iPad. It is not designed for iPad.

The solution to the problem is, open App Store app on your iPad, search Skype. It will bring Skype. Tap GET or cloud button and it will install. Open Skype app, sign in to your Skype account and you will be able to call from there. Please try this