Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Need ot update iPhoto. Went to OS X El Capitan and lost the

Customer Question

Need ot update iPhoto. Went to OS X El Capitan and lost the connection to iPhoto. How do I get it back?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

The problem is, Apple has replaced iPhoto with new application called Photos app from OS X 10.10.3 onwards. You can open Photos app from Applications folder. Photos app does support your old iPhoto library. So you will be able to open Photos and see all the photos that were in iPhoto.

Open Applications folder and you will find the Photos icon (a flower like icon). You can also open it from dock, bottom toolbar. Open it and it will import your iPhoto Library automatically.

If it doesn't, then close Photos. Hold down Option key on your keyboard and open Photo. Select Choose Library, then from the list of library select iPhoto Library and choose it. This will migrate the iPhoto Library to Photos.

Please let me now if you have any difficulty, so I will continue to help you.