David, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional
39216975

I have created a 60 page photo book in Iphoto '11 version

Customer Question

I have created a 60 page photo book in Iphoto '11 version 9.4.3. When I tried to complete an order for 2 copies, the process stalled about 2/3 through completing uploading the project. An error message advised to repeat. I repeated the process but it stalled again & the computer froze. I have saved a copy of the completed book as a pdf. I tried to replace the order but an error message advised I could not access Iphoto store.
Not sure what to do next. The Iphoto program may have a problem as it was prone to crashing. Software was reloaded and the problem was diminished but not eradicated. Please advise.
Barbara Henery Sydney
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi my name is***** am reviewing you question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi Barbara,
When you saved as PDF did you open the PDF and check all pages looked correct?
Thanks,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Ok, thanks. Our troubleshooting depends on what happens when you try to order the book, there could be a lot of different reasons it is failing.

Do you see any error message text? Does it say 'Unknown Error' and any error numbers?

Can you type the exact error message if there is one?

What kind of Internet connection are you using? Is it broadband? Is it usually good quality/speed?

Do you know of any firewall, or anti-virus software, or system cleanup apps like MacKeeper that you are using on your Mac?

The answers to all these questions will help in directing troubleshooting. Thank you in advance.

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Need more time. Can I continue this tomorrow? Too late now
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Absolutely. Reply here and I will be notified.

Have a nice evening!

David.

Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Have you tried purchasing the book again and has it done the same thing or similar?

Let me know if you need some more help today.

Sincerely,

David.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Sorry I have a lot going on at the moment. A birth in the family! I have not been able to sit down at the computer. I will not have time until next week. Can I contact you then? Barbara
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i have not tried to resubmit the order, but I will. Im going away for a few days & will get back to you later.
Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi Barbara, congratulations! Exciting times.

No worries on the computer business, if you reply to this thread when you can we can pick it up where we left off.

A bit of advice, for reference when you do get a chance. The issue looks like it is a network connectivity issue.

The reason I say that is because generating the PDF works fine. This means the inner workings of the software is working up to the point of generating what it needs to send to Apple so they can print it.

If you could possibly try a different Internet connection, this would be the easiest most effective test of this theory, and I think this theory is highly likely.

Also if you will be away a few weeks this question might time out. That would mean I would not be credited. If you are satisfied I would really appreciate a positive rating, before this times out in maybe two weeks.

Let me know how it goes,

Kind regards David.

Expert:  David replied 7 months ago.

Hi Barbara, I hope you are well. If you want to continue troubleshoot book ordering this week just let me know. I will recap on some questions I wanted to ask. I will copy/paste them from earlier.

99 times out of 100 this is a network issue. If you could possibly try a different Internet connection, this would be the easiest most effective test. For example if it is a wireless connection try to get a better strength signal, or connect from the computer to the router with a network cable.

Let me know if you have any questions on any of this, best regards!

David.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
David, I was away for a week or so. Today I retried my IPhoto project & although it was very slow, it did complete successfully. So in the end I did not need your suggestions & cannot rate you. I hope my credit card details are not used for a service I won't need at present.
Thank you for you prompt response - I would recommend the Just answer if asked.Regards
Barbara Henery
Expert:  David replied 6 months ago.
Hi, it's good to hear it worked. 60 pages is a lot, and even with very fast connectivity to the Internet it can be slow to upload to the print store. It's just good to know that it worked when you tried it again, and that the connection stayed strong enough until it completed. I'm glad I was on hand to guide you, have a good weekend!Regards,
David.
Expert:  David replied 6 months ago.

Hi Barbara,

If you could rate my service for the time I took to be there to assist you, even though rerunning the book worked, I would really appreciate it.

Sincerely,
David.