Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Will not respond can not get past home screen, Today,

Customer Question

Will not respond can not get past home screen
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Today
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Rebooting
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Nope
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

If you start your mac in safe m ode, does it function better? And if so, can you get online in safe mode?

To start your mac in safe mode, start with the mac turned off. Press power then *immediately* press and hold the left shift key on the keyboard. Keep holding it till you hear the startup chime, then release. That should start you in safe mode.

Once in safe mode, let me know if you can get online or not.

Dustin S