Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Circle with line through it on my MacBook air, I 't know

Customer Question

Circle with line through it on my MacBook air
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Air and what operating system are you running?
Customer: I don't know someone gave to me it use to work
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Holding down the command,option and r and p down
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: I tried to install the new captain thing I think you know what I am Trying to say but it never really did
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

That screen indicates that the system files corrupted or deleted. It is possible that El capitan installation corrupted the OS X. Now you can reinstall your Mac OS X. Reinstalling OS X won't delete any of your files. It will just replace the corrupted system files with new one and that should fix the problem.

Restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to the Mac OS X Utilities screen. From there, click Reinstall Mac OS X. Then follow the instructions to reinstall your Mac OS X.

If that didn't work,then restart your Mac and immediately hold down Command, Option and R keys at the same time for 15 seconds and this will boot your Mac to installation screen. Follow the onscreen instructions to reinstall.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.