Russell H., Long-time Computer Expert
Experience:  Years ago & in 2 years recently, I helped with Mac OS [X] & MacBook & Air & BootCamp etc. problems.
13568747

My t410 will not come on at all

Customer Question

My t410 will not come on at all
Category: Mac
Expert:  Russell H. replied 6 months ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Your Thinkpad T410 seems dead, I take it - no fan activity or whirr, no lights on keyboard, no power light.

Try removing the battery - if that model has a removable power battery - and run it only on the power cord. Don't hold down the power button, just give it a firm push for 1 second. Holding it down continuously will shut the machine down, not turn it On.

Check the power cord or AC Adapter, also. Is it plugged into a good outlet? test the outlet. Make sure the GFI switch of the outlet is in the right position, if it has a GFI button. (Usually those are only found in bathroom outlets.)

Test the outlet with another device, too.

And, inspect the cord, and where the cord plugs in, to see if it has any visible flaws.

How old is your laptop? has it ever been dropped, or used in very hot (above 85 degrees) situations?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Outlet is working. The power light comes on when plugged in but nothing happens. I would say 8-9 years old.

The power light on what, comes On? the power light on the AC Adapter, or on the computer?