Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

Lacie rugged is in utilities but won't mount, It started a

Customer Question

Lacie rugged is in utilities but won't mount
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: It started a while ago then I put it on a shelf and bought a new drive but I got back to it today. Have tried it on four different MacBooks me thing. I hit first aid and it says the drive is fine.
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: It is a one year old macbook air and I am using 10.11.5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Just read online to look for it in utilities and found it but can't mount it. I don't know how to just use it from utilities or if I can.
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
Category: Mac
Expert:  Justin Williams replied 4 months ago.

Hello, I am Justin, a Mac expert here at Justanswer. I can certainly help you with your problem, but I need a few bits of information first. What version of OSX are you running? Did you look for the drive in the Finder app after plugging it in?