GeekGal, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  MIS degree and 15+ years experience with both Mac and Windows hardware & software

I put the wrong PW into my iPad too many times, now I'm shut

Customer Question

i put the wrong PW into my iPad too many times, now I'm shut out. How do I get back into my ipad without losing all my info.
Category: Mac
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Good morning Kathy. I'm Alison. It would be my pleasure to help you with this. Can you tell me please, is this a 4 or 6 digit passcode that you have entered too many times or is it actually the password ***** with your Apple ID?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
it is the PW associated with the apple id
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

That is good news. We should be able to reset the password ***** with the account. There is no danger of losing anything if we are able to do that.

Reset Apple Password

Go to!&section=password

1. Enter your Apple ID. Click continue

2. Choose whether to get an email or to answer security questions.

3. Click next and follow the instructions on the screen.

After you have successfully reset your Apple password ***** should be able to log into the iPad with the new password. Please try this and let me know how it turns out.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
My iPad says "iPad is disabled" connect to iTunes. I still cannot connect to my iPad. How do I do this? and can I do it without losing any of my info on my iPad by connecting to iTunes?
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Kathy, please use the charging cable for your ipad to connect the ipad to your computer is usb port. Open and login itunes on the computer and let me know please, if the ipad is visible.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Not sure what you mean. I dont see my ipad on the screen. I do see instructions on how to delete info and get the ipad restarted.I also see the the following statements. Are they saying there is a way to save info. If they are, I'm not very computer savy and having difficulty understanding them or how to do what is suggested.If you've synced with iTunes, use iTunes.
If you're signed in to iCloud and Find My iPhone is enabled, use iCloud.
If you don't use iCloud and you can't sync or connect with iTunes, use recovery mode.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

I apologize. I should have made the question more clear. I was asking if iTunes recognized the iPad. Have you ever synced your iPad with Itunes on this computer? If you have, you should be able to open itunes and see the ipad in the list of devices and follow the on screen instructions to syn the ipad with itunes again and unlock it without losing anything.

If you have not previously synced it to iTunes on the computer, then you may still be able to keep your information. Please go to and log in using the email address and password ***** with your Apple id. Please click on the various icons to open the folders and see if your data is stored in icloud. If it is stored in icloud, we should be able to safely use recovery mode to reset it to factory and then sync it with icloud once we have set it back up.

Please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I dont think I know how to sync so its most likely I'll check with icloud now.
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Ok. Please keep me posted.

When your problem has been resolved, would you mind taking a moment to rate my service? I'd really appreciate it!. I don't get credited for my time without a rating of at least 3 stars. You can provide a rating by clicking on the stars and then clicking on submit. Please remember, don't rate until you are satisfied. If you need more help, please let me know so I can continue to work with you or allow me to "opt-out" so that other experts can assist you. Your complete satisfaction is my goal! Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I was unable to go to iCloud and get info. It was very difficult for me to understand all the instructions. For whatever reasons I was unable to figure out how to erase my iPad and still keep some of my info. Nothing seemed to work.Please credit my account for the $30. Unfortunately this didn't work for me.
Thank you,
Expert:  GeekGal replied 3 months ago.

Kathy you will need to go to to request a refund. I don't have access to biling information. Have a nice day!