Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My Iphone 4s Has Stopped working No Matter How many times I

Customer Question

Hello my Iphone 4s Has Stopped working No Matter How many times I try and charge it it was charging at night then it stopped working! what Do I Do!?
JA: How long has this been going on? What confuses you?
Customer: 2 or 3 days. What Confuses me is that it was working Fine
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I Have Checked 20 or 10 sites
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No Thanks For All Your Help!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that the battery has failed and you may need to replace it. But first we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo or for 20 seconds. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Can it have something to do with a cracked Screen?????
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes, it could be.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Connect it to your computer with the USB cable and then hold down Home and Power button and does your computer recognize it ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Connect it to your computer with the USB cable and then hold down Home and Power button of your iPhone and does your computer recognize it ?

Does your computer make any sound ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I Have Just Tried Turning it on again and nothing I have a lot of stuff on my phone that means a lot to me and I want it all back
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I currently have no access to a computer
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my screen is cracked
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Normally connecting to a computer and holding down those buttons will simulate a battery removal reset.

If the phone is not turning on, then it is either the battery or screen has failed. If you had iCloud enabled on it, then all your files should be backed up to iCloud.

Go to www.icloud.com from another device, login to your iCloud account and do you see your stuffs there ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I know it's just that there are stuffs that can't be moved into icloud
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Call the iPhone and does it ring ? This will tell us if the issue is with the screen or not.

If iCloud backup is enabled, then everything would be backed up to iCloud, like a clone of internal memory. Go to www.icloud.com

Login to iCloud, click Settings and do you see Backup there ? What is the size of backup there ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

I really hope the internal board hasn't failed. If it is not responding to reset, then it must be the battery. You can try replacing the battery. This will not work if this is major hardware issue. You can buy battery and tools from here --> http://bit.do/ccQGy

You can then follow the instructions in here to replace the battery --> https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4S+Battery+Replacement/7111

If the iCloud backup was unable prior to this problem, then there is a chance that your phone was backed up to iCloud automatically (not just a sync, but a full backup). You can check it from www.icloud.com and then click Settings there and it will show backup there. You will not be able to explore backup though there.

You can access and check that iCloud using a computer using this application --> https://www.imobie.com/support/how-to-access-icloud-backup.htm