Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

Dlaganol ques 8 'eye' qey and comma do not worque......what

Customer Question

Dlaganol ques 8 'eye' qey and comma do not worque......what to do?????
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: 2009 l Mac yosemlty 10.10.5
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turn off Pram reset ( optlon command R P ) on restart 4 chmes. No help
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: tlhs happened thls mornng. trled usb dlsconnect..shut down..reconnect...turn on.. no dlfference... PRAM reset....nothng
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

The first sentence you wrote is unclear. What exactly is the issue? And what exactly happens when you at tempt to turn on your Imac?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Keyboard keys 8, i, k and Comma do not work. They are in a diagonal line and may include f7. Also some of the keys on the numerical key section do not work... 8 does. That is why the spelling that had a K was spelled with a WU...
Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

It could be that your keyboard is failing and needs to be replaced. But first, lets make sure that your keyboard settings are correct.

If you follow the steps on this link, make sure you have US / Qwerty selected.. ( And not US Dvorak)

http://www.wikihow.com/Change-the-Keyboard-Language-of-a-Mac

If the keys still dont work, you may want to consider replacing the keyboard http://amzn.to/29ARIw9

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Expert:  Dustin replied 4 months ago.

Hello again. I havent heard back from you since you viewed my reply. Did you still need help with this issue? Please respond so we can discuss the problem further or close out the question.

Dustin S.