Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Since I did the iOS update I can't play games. It goes into

Customer Question

Since I did the iOS update I can't play games. It goes into the game then it either kicks me out right away or it freezes than takes me back to the screen to pick my game to play
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

It is possible that software update has corrupted the software and we may need to restore a fresh iOS on the iPad from iTunes on computer.

First we can reset your iPad and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.

Note : Power button is the button you use to turn off your iPad or its screen. Home button is the round button at front bottom.

If that didn't work, then go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. This will reset some settings like WiFi, bluetooth etc. You will need to reconnect to WiFi after resetting all settings. Then check your games.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It still isn't letting me do like dragonvale you got to collect one item you get kicked out. However my words with friends was working. We did the reset in settings which took two hours to get my code for the connection to become active for wifi
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Can you delete this problem game and redownload it ? Did you do that after resetting all settings ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No but I will do that now thanks. Then I will let you know. Question do I need to wait for awhile in between redownloading the game again
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

No need to wait.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Let me know how it goes. I'm hoping to prevent a fresh install of iOS

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well I reloaded it it took a long time to load. Then went into it and collected two coins and it freezes up
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Is this the game you have issue with ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

If it is not working, then it is the possible that software is corrupted.

We have to restore your iPad from iTunes on your computer. Follow the steps below;

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here :

Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

iTunes will recognize your iPad. Select your iPad in the top left (select iPad icon)

Then in Summary section, click Backup and make sure "To this computer" is selected.

Then click Restore button and let it restore. It will take some time to restore the iPad.

After restoring, you will get option to restore your backup. Select Restore from backup and all your files will be restored. Let me know if you have any difficulty and I will continue to help you.

Note : You may need to go to Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPad to restore the iPad

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I still can not play dragonvale
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Alice, if all else are working and you just have issue with this game only, that means the issue is with this game not with iPad. You may need to wait until the developers of this game release an update for latest iOS. Do you have another iOS device there that works with this game ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No I don't unfortunately. My other is androids I am so mad because we are in the middle of a new game.
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can we take that update out? It was working fine before?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Can I get my money back for this that did not help me at all for my problem that I had then and I still have and you can't help me solve. I don't feel I should pay for not helping me out.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

You can't undo the update unfortunately. These kind of issues happens after updates if the developer is not designed it for latest update. The game developer may release an update soon in App Store. This is an compatibility issue.

If you restored the iPad successfully from iPad, then the issue is not likely to be the iPad as the restore process install fresh iOS. Go to Settings > Game Center and sign out. Then check the game and see if it is crashing. Sign in to game center if asked.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Yes, you can contact customer support for refund if you are not satisfied. Customer support email is *****@******.***

Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund. You can close this page without rating and ignore rating emails if you get any. They are automated emails.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Why would you not want to be rated is my next question?
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Rating me OK or higher will release the payment to me, so it may take time to process refund for you. So I don't want to delay the refund.

Rating me Bad or Poor badly affect my job here. You can request refund without rating anything.

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Just email to *****@******.*** and they will refund your account. This seems like an issue with the game itself and it has to be fixed by the developer of the game. This is something we can't fix here. We've already tried all troubleshooting steps so far. Sorry

Best Regards,