Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.

My iphone 5S is sick, so I bought a new iphone 6S at Verizon

Customer Question

My iphone 5S is sick, so I bought a new iphone 6S at Verizon store. When the VZ tech assisted me to transfer 5S data to 6S, we encountered a problem at the outset.
Problem: My 5S has encryption from my company, MassMutual financial group, and over the years, I was prompted to update my password. My password ***** on 5S has changed from 4 to 8. When the VZ tech set up the new 6S phone, we selected the password ***** to be 4, not 6. When iphone 6S prompted us to enter the password ***** my 5S iphone, it only presents 4 spaces. We're in a conundrum because the space problem prevents my 6S phone to recognize the password ***** my 5S, which has 8 spaces.
The VZ tech tried to go back to change the 4 spaces to 6 spaces, but couldn't... Even if he could, it still won't have 8 spaces for the password ***** my 5S. He advised me to contact Apple store tech to help me solve this problem, so we can continue transfer data to my new phone.
Please advise.
Category: Mac
Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** to JustAnswer. I am reviewing your question and will reply ASAP.

Expert:  David replied 3 months ago.

First I would recommend restoring the new iPhone to factory settings.

Do you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer? Is it a Mac or PC? Please reply and let me know.

Thank you in advance,