Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years

While i was golfing, this is on my Macbook Pro. I think my

Customer Question

While i was golfing, this is on my Macbook Pro. I think my girl is looking into my computer while away. Can any mac expert decipher whether is normal or foul play?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

Hi there and welcome

you mean you want to see if she installed something to track your activities on the macbook or malware?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I want to know if this is standard history while a person is gone from there computer and if not, what was done?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I think it looks sketchy..... your initial reaction is that it is or it is not? If sketchy, what the heck was going on while I was gone?
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

It depends, she may just wanted to use the computer while you were away. If she has her own computer there, then it would be suspect, but if she does not, then it sounds pretty normal.

Apart from websites, you cannot see though what she actually did, the Mac does not recall this.

But you can view the history in Safari and see what sites she visited.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She has her own computer, but my console is @ the bottom of my screen, I have not opened this and can't you just tell if someone used my computer or tried to based on what I sent you while I was gone from 5:30 till 11pm?
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Is it not black and white? I think a guy who she cheated on me w/ guides her as to how to do zip drive/snooping etc..
Expert:  Richard replied 3 months ago.

You can see if she actually logged in on the Mac...

You look for an entry Wake Reason.

Zip Drives are not actually used anymore so this has nothing to do with this.

But if you want to see if she used it look for Wake Reason ion the console.

I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.