Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My cursor is frozen after i wake the computer up and the

Customer Question

my cursor is frozen after i wake the computer up and the trackpad doesn't click.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Macbook Pro Retina middle 2015
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: el capitan software
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Do you have any other external mouse or external trackpad there ? If so, turn them off or remove their batteries and then check if you are able to click on Mac.

If not. force turn off your Mac. Press and hold down the Power button for 5-10 seconds and this will turn off your Mac. Then turn it back on and immediately hold down Command, Option, P and R at the same time until you hear start up sound for 2 or 3 times.

Then release the keys and let it boot. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
That is what i have been doing. I don't need that answer I need to know how to fix the issue to keep it from freezing. It never did this before a few weeks ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Are you still there?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hello, anyone there?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Sorry for the delay. When did this problem start ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
As I said a few weeks ago
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Yes I see that. But is this after any software update or any changes made ?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

We can reset the SMC (System Management Controller) of your Mac and see if it works or not.

Shut down the computer.

Plug in the power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if not already connected.

On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.

Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.

Press the power button to turn on the computer.

Then test it.

Please let me knowif that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok. Will this screen come back up or how do I reconnect to you?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me after the restart. The above instructions to reset SMC which will reset some hardware components including trackpad.

After doing the above steps, do the following as well.

Shut down your Mac

Restart and immediately hold down Command-Option-P-R keys at the same time

Hold the keys down until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for two or three times.

Release the keys and let the Mac bootup.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
OK I have done what you asked. Time will tell if it works. It would be hard to rate this because it is not an instant fix and I will have to see if I put the computer to sleep tonight and the cursor doesn't freeze in the morning. How do I proceed? Can I rate this after I have checked it out?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Of course. You don't have to rate now. It may take time to isolate the problem and fix it. The above instructions will only work for software glitchex only. If this doesn't work, please reply back to me and we can do more advanced troubleshooting.

You can get back to me via the bookmark you made, anytime you want. This question will not be closed. Make sure you reply to this if this doesn't work.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thanks
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

You're welcome and good night,