Josh, Mac Support
Experience:  5 years as Network Admin, 10+ years of IT support
50836188

How can I keep that pop-up keyboard on my ipad from doing

Customer Question

how can I keep that pop-up keyboard on my ipad from doing that?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Hi Arlene,

Do you mean that you are using an actual keyboard and the on-screen keyboard pops up?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have my I Pad in a leather Kingington complete cover. so the keyboard is attached to the holder and the ipad slips into a pocket. most of the time the white ipad keyboard pop-up and all I want to use is the Kingsington keyboard. I went into settings and tried to change the query keyboard and the other two but it made no difference. annoying!!!!!!!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I think that the problem might have to do with the switch where you turn on the hard keyboard. sometimes it doesn't catch but then I could be using the hard keyboard and that darn I pad pop-up keyboard will come up and that shuts the hard keyboard down. so maybe it is the switch. I have a friend who has the same set up and NEVER HAS ANY PROBLEM with the pop up!!! I will check with the KINGSINGTON PEOPLE AND SEE IF THERE ARE PROBLEMS THEY KNOW ABOUT. Thank u for listening.
Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

Try this..

Hold down the Power and Home button together on your iPad until you see the Apple icon. After the restart, check again.

If you can take a minute and use the rating system to rate our session as 3 stars or higher and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.

Expert:  Josh replied 11 months ago.

I still have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as 3 stars or more and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.