Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

My MacBook Pro does not recognize my router. It says

Customer Question

My MacBook Pro does not recognize my router. It says hardware not installed I think I need an appointment at the Genius Bar!
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Probably 4 years. I am checking on which d
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I Sm running OS X Yosemitr
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: Just that I am not very smart!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 4 months ago.

Can you clarify is your router a WiFi router? Who is your internet provider, etc...