Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

How do I lock a text box in position on my excel chart? I

Customer Question

How do I lock a text box in position on my excel chart? I have been trying to group the textboxes with the chart but can not select the chart as part of the group thanks
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: just not sure how to do this
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: holding shift down while picking all of the textboxes and then when I click on the graph itself I can't select it
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 5 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Depending on what version you have, you can try this to test a cell.

Right-click on your text box and choose "Format Text Box."

On the Protection tab, make sure "Locked" is checked. Uncheck "Lock Text."

Then on the Properties tab, select "Don't move or size with cells," and click ok.

If that doesn't work on your version, please send the version and more detail of what

you are trying to accomplish, as well as what happens when you try to group the textbox

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 4 months ago.

Did you need further assistance with this question?

~Franklin