Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I see repeated freezing of my 2016 MacBook Pro (10.11.5)

Customer Question

I see repeated freezing of my 2016 MacBook Pro (10.11.5) running Office 2016. I recently (2 weeks ago) updated the Office apps for a problem of Word freezing the MBP. Last crash was from Outlook with all other Office apps off, and the Activity monitor indicating low. Any ideas?
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: bought in March 2016 and version is indicated above.
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: looking at activity monitor and seeing huge CPU load from Office apps...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 5 months ago.

Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.

Safeboot your system by following below steps:

1. Be sure your Mac is shut down.
  2. Press the power button.
  3. Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
  4. Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
  5. Wait while safe mode boots up. It will take a lot longer than regular OS X.
  6. Log in (press shift-enter instead of enter after putting in your password ***** log in without login items.)
  7. You are in safe mode

Start office apps and check whether it is crashing or freezing Mac. If there is no problem with Office Apps on safe boot mode, please restart the system and boot normally. Check and let me know the result..

Regards
Jins