tyroneboman, Mac Genius
Experience:  Computer specialist.

I want to direct my email to my google email, go daddy

Customer Question

i want to direct my email to my google email
JA: Just to clarify, what email service provider are you using?
Customer: go daddy workspace
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none just started looking into doing this
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  tyroneboman replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** certified professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.

The first step is essential to recieving emails instantaneously and requires administrator access to the hosting account. If you don't have access and can't have an administrator complete this step for you, there is one more method, POP3, but I strongly recommend against it for two reasons: (1) you will recieve emails at a delayed rate, up to 30 minutes late; and (2) it will delete all emails stored in Workspace.

Forwarding Emails

So we have the sending part done. Now we need to recieve emails. We'll do this by forwarding all emails sent to your Workspace account to your Gmail account.

You'll have to access the hosting account to configure this. If you don't have access, explain the issue to your admin and link him to this section.

To set up email forwarding, simply log into GoDaddy (or your GoDaddy reseller) and clickManage under EMAIL. On the next page, hover over the triangle next to the email address and click Edit. In the dialog that pops up, you must do the following:

1. Check Send copy to: and enter your Gmail address
  2. Uncheck Enable SPAM filter

Now would be a good time to check if the email is forwarding properly. Send and email to your Workspace address, or better yet, have someone else do it!

Disabling the Spam Filter

You might be wondering why we're disabling the spam filter. It's an often overlooked step, but one that will save you a lot of trouble in the future. If Workspace thinks that an email is spam, it'll put it into the bulk mail folder. The problem is, you'll never recieve that email in Gmail, not even to the Gmail spam folder.

We already disabled one spam filter setting, but just to be safe, we'll disable the one inside the Workspace email account.

Log into your Workspace email account. Go to Settings -> Spam Settings. Under the Spam Filtering tab, set spam filtering to Turn off spam filtering. Click OK.

Gmail will filter your spam now, just as it does with your other incoming email.

Send Mail As

Your Workspace email account is***@******.***, after this step, you'll be able to send email as***@******.*** from inside Gmail.

Log into your Gmail account and go to Settings, then click on the Accounts and Imports tab. In the Send mail as: row, click Add another email address you own.

In the subsequent dialog window, enter your name and email address. If you are NOT the sole user of the account, uncheck the box. Click Next Step.

On the next page, carefully enter the following information:

SMTP Server:
Port: 465
Username: same as your email address
Password: the password ***** use to log in to your Workspace account

And make sure SSL is checked instead of TLS. Click Add Account.

If all the information is correct, your account should be added. All that's left to do is click on the link the verification email.

NOTE: If you don't get a verification email to your Gmail inbox, your Webmail account is not forwarding emails to your Gmail address!

Now, when you compose a new email, you should be able to click on the address in theFrom field and access a list of email addresses that you can send from.

I can also do this for you with a Secure Remote Connect Session if you have the admin log in info.

Please reply and let me know if you need any other assistance or if everything is good, take a moment to rate my service by choosing one of the stars at the top, then click submit.

Thank you very much!

Let me know if you need any assitance with this.