Pete, Computer Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of computer experience, CISCO certified

Several playlists on the computer will n to transfer to mu

Customer Question

several playlists on the computer will n to transfer to mu itouch. some do some don't on several playlists 2 o3 out of 20 don't transfer. i see the song titles on the itouch but in gray and next to the song number is ***** broken circle. its a new touch and i haven't this problem on any others.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ken

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi pete. i can't figure out how i'm supposed to see your response. thanks
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Thanks for replying back to me, you were offline when I responded previously.

Try creating a new library and see if the problem still occurs.

To create a new library on a Windows PC, hold down the shift key then run iTunes. A dialog will come up and you can create a new library or select an existing one. After making note of where your original library is, create a new one. Bring in some music, then try it again. If it works, you know there is something wrong with your existing library.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete. I'm on a Mac. It's wierd. The playlist on the computer is intact and everything plays. To redo this many playlists ain't gonna happen. All the playlists transferred to other devices without any problem. On the I touch I'm seeing the broken circles symbol for every song that did not come thru. What does that mean. Thx Pete.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Could you try recreating the library on your Mac?

In the Music folder in your home folder, let me know if there is a Library.xml file?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
hi pete. kind of tied up today. i'll look tonight. if you want you can go direct to my email address unless you're not allowed to.
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi Ken,

that's alright, you can try it whenever you get a chance, and let me know if it works.