Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

My ipod keeps playing the same song, Since yesterday

Customer Question

My ipod keeps playing the same song
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Since yesterday afternoon
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Turning it off and back on
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Which model of iPod is this ? iPad Nano, Classic etc

When did you purchase it ? This will help me to identify the generation

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ipod apple not sure what model
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Mkh62bt/a
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Thanks. That is an iPod Touch 6th Gen. Will send you instructions to fix it in a few minutes

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank u talk me thought Ithat as well
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No instructions have come thought yet
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Open Music app. Tap any song to start playing it. At the bottom, you will see the track that is playing (may have scrolling title). Tap it and it will bring the Song summary screen (in full screen). At the bottom, you will see Share, Shuffle, Repeat and Menu (three dots) button. Make sure there is no "1" on the Repeat option. If there is, touch it to turn it off. It is the third icon. See the attached picture below

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Cannot find it
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

We will do this step by step. Open Music app and start playing any music. Now look at the bottom of the screen and do you see the current track or its name that is playing ?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Showing name of song at bottom there three icons the last is three dots
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Do you see the track that is playing at the bottom ? It is a small bar above the My Music, Playlists, Radio and Connect button.

You will see this only when a music is playing. On that bar you will see Red play button on left and 3 dots button at right side. Tap the track name and it will open summary screen. In that screen, you will see the controls I mentioned.

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

You will see this only when a music is playing. On that bar you will see Red play or red pause* button on left and 3 dots button at right side. Tap the track name and it will open summary screen. In that screen, you will see the controls I mentioned.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Shows add to play list create genius play list and delete and cancel
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Don't tap on three dots. Instead tap on the album name or in middle

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Done that
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Did it bring the album art screen with controls at bottoms ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Will send you screenshots if you can't find it. Give me a sec

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
At top got shuffle on left side then a funny sign at bottom two lines going down name of song and then three dots
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

See picture below

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

The problem is, you accidentally turned on repeat song function. We are tying to turn it off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Think I show go to an apple shop as this seems not to beworking as I cannot take a screen shot
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

You don't need to take a screenshot. It is there. You just need to open it. I will send you a video

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Then what
Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Watch this video up to 20 seconds --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ookHFB3N57s

You will see how to access the controls. In thaht screen, you will see the repeat button

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Or please click this link --> http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/ashiknasameen/314bc7d3-5d52-417c-97ff-2378fb063e35_ios-9-music.jpg

It is a sample picture showing how to access the repeat controls and what does the Repeat control looks like

Expert:  Ashik replied 5 months ago.

Open Music app. Play a music (you must play the music, it is important). At near bottom, tap the name of the track that is playing (you must tap on the name itself - not on Play or 3 dots buttons).

This will bring Now Playing or cover art of that music. You’ll see four symbols across the bottom: Share (arrow rectangle), Shuffle (crossed arrows), Repeat (curved arrows), and More (three dots). Tap on Repeat (curved arrow) until it is off and there is no 1 on it

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 months ago.

Hi there, Just checking. How is it going ?