kanoko
kanoko, Mac Guru
Experience:  5+ years of Mac expertise
65089077

I have a client that cannot access a certain website, but

Customer Question

i have a client that cannot access a certain website, but everyone else can access it - her computer says "everydaywholesome.com’s server DNS address could not be found." - I am the hosting organization and everyone else can see and access it. She can see it on her phone. just the one mac.
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: not positive
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: we have tried other browsers, restarting , checking the server and ensuring that she is whitelisted and it isn't on OUR end...
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: oh ok - ono thanks.
Category: Mac
Expert:  kanoko replied 9 months ago.

I would be glad to help. The issue they are experiencing is a bad DNS server. They can fix the issue by changing the DNS server settings on their computer. I would ask them to follow the instructions on the linked page below. If that does not resolve the problem please let me know and I can look into alternative solutions.

https://www.opennicproject.org/configure-your-dns/how-to-change-dns-servers-on-a-mac/

If none of the DNS servers from the provided link are able to resolve the issue, I would ask them to also try using Google's DNS servers which are:

8.8.8.8

or

8.8.4.4

Please let me know if that was able to resolve the issue. If not it may be specific to the browser they are using. Please ask them which browsers they are using that are experiencing the problem if my DNS fix did not work.

Expert:  kanoko replied 9 months ago.

Also, if they are having trouble following the instructions on that page, they may need to click the "Advanced..." button after opening the Network settings in order to see the TCP/IP and DNS settings. I hope that helps!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
This was not our answer. The DNS server had to be restarted at the router level for this client.