Isaac Franklin
Isaac Franklin, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Technical Support Coach at Liberty Tax Service
93584285

A small colorful ball is spinning most of the time

Customer Question

a small colorful ball is spinning most of the time preventing communication Using MacBook
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook and what operating system are you running?
Customer: "ab unable to type - ball swirling
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: none
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Isaac Franklin replied 11 months ago.

Hi, and welcome to Justanswer. My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

Try this first. Shut down your Mac, force-ably if needed.

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Start in safe mode. You will hold down the left shift key on your keyboard as soon as you press

the start key. Will the Mac start in safemode?

If so, run this repair next.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Get back to me once you have done this.

If you are satisfied with the help I have provided, please remember to click and submit a star rating on this page. Your feedback is important as it is the only way I am credited for assisting you. Thank you.
~Franklin

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
MacBook problem persists.

Were you able to boot into safe mode?