Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I have a cd in my Mac OS X10.6.8 that will not be

Customer Question

hi...i have a cd in my Mac OS X10.6.8 that will not be released...can you help me?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Does your mac show the cd icon on your desktop? can it read or see the CD at all?

Also, what type of mac do you have. A macbook, Imac, mac air ?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i can see the cd icon and everytime i click the ejection it starts the movie over...i have a Mac OSX 10.6.8
Expert:  Dustin replied 8 months ago.

Understood.. How about if you drag the cd icon to the trash, does that eject it?

if not, try this.. Open your finder / spotlight and type terminal , then open the terminal app.

If you have a single optical drive:

drutil eject

If you have both an internal and external optical drive, use the appropriate command below, depending on which drive has the stuck CD or DVD:

drutil eject internal

drutil eject external

Press return or enter after entering one of the above commands in Terminal.

Let me know if this works for you or not.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.