Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

Pages opens with a box stating to upgrade pages first

Customer Question

Pages opens with a box stating to upgrade pages first install the latest OSX and then update pages. No way to delete the box except to force quit pages. Also Google Chrome will not work, I just get the colored spinning ball then I have to force quit
Chrome. I've tried disc untillities and tried to restore from my backup time machine.
What do I do to restore my Mac?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

It is possible that the system files are corrupted or permission related problem.

What version of Mac OS X are you using ?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Uninstall both Chrome and Pages using this application, AppCleaner -->

(Open App Cleaner, load Chrome it and it will load Chrome and its files. Click Delete. Do the same for Pages)

This will delete Pages and Chrome and all their related files completely from your Mac. Remember, you will lose saved bookmarks, history etc from Chrome

Then reinstall them. If that didn't work, then try the following;

In Finder, click on Go menu and select Go To Folder. Then type the following and press return

This will bring Users folder. Right click or control + click on your User account and select Get Info. Click on Sharing and Permission at the bottom, click the lock to unlock that screen. Then click + and add your user account even if it is already there. Then change the privilege to Read and Write even if it is set already. Then click on Gear/Settings button and click Apply to Enclosed and let it complete.

Then restart your Mac and see if it is working or not.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting