Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  Over a decade putting the missing byte back into Apple. Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I put a cd into the computer and it doesnt show up ...I

Customer Question

i put a cd into the computer and it doesnt show up ...I cannot eject it or play it...
JA: Just to clarify, what's the make and model of your machine, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Imac 2010 os el capitan
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: nothing so far
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: i don't think so
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Lets start here, open your finder / spotlight then type in terminal , then launch the terminal app.

Now, type t his into terminal and hit enter.

drutil tray eject

That should eject the disk.. If not, try this simple trick next

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7NYW9Dr448

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a 5 star rating clicked and submitted when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Expert:  Dustin replied 5 months ago.

Whats the name brand and model of your computer? Also, what is the current version of windows you have installed such as windows 7, widows xp, windows 8, etc?

Dustin S.