Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

I cannot get the MacBook pro 2011 to get out of the screen,

Customer Question

I cannot get the MacBook pro 2011 to get out of the white screen
JA: Just to clarify, how old is your MacBook Pro and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Mountain Lion
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I've tried command alt r p
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 6 months ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Is this the command you tried?

Shut down your Mac.
Locate the following keys on the keyboard: Command (⌘), Option, P, and R.
Turn on your Mac.
Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys immediately after you hear the startup sound.
Hold these keys until the computer restarts and you hear the startup sound for a second time.
Release the keys.

Also, if you hold down the left shift key on your mac when you press power, and keep holding the left shift key.. Will it boot into safe mode?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.