Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc

My mac is frozen and I have a document I was working on that

Customer Question

My mac is frozen and I have a document I was working on that has unsaved changes. Any way to save the document or restart computer where my unsaved work will be there when it restarts? Afraid to force quit
JA: Just to clarify, what's the model of your Mac, and what operating system are you running?
Customer: Operating word and model is a1419
JA: What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Forced closed all other apps open
JA: The Mac expert can solve this for you. Anything else you want him to know before I connect you two?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mac Technician about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mac
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I've paid the $$ via PayPal just confirming you have all you need from
My end for me to get my answer
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Ashik. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 months ago.

If it is frozen, then I'm sorry you have to force quit it. It is not going to unfreeze itself. There is no other way to unfreeze it and no way to save the document now. But if the Auto recovery functions is turned on which is very likely as default, then Word will recover and open the document automatically next time you open Word. Press Command, Option and Esc keys and this will bring Force Quit. Select Word, Force quit and open it. Does it open the document ?

If not, then check the Auto recovery folder. In Finder, click on Go menu and select Home. Then open Documents folder. Open Microsoft folder and open Auto recovery folder. If you see any files there, then rename the files (to rename, select the file and press return key to bring the selection on name) and add .docx or .doc at the end ofthe file name and then open it with Word. Do you see your document ?

There is also one more place to check. If you are lucky, you may find a backup in here. In Finder, hold down Option key, click on Go menu and select Library. From Library, Open Application Support folder, open Microsoft, open Office folder. Open Office Auto recovery folder and do you see them there ?

If not, then it is too late now. There is no other way to get it back if it is not in that folder.I know you are looking for a way to get it back, but the fact is, it is gone.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Let me know the results please.